What Personal Data Do We Collect From You?
We collect Personal Data about you when you provide such information directly to us, when third parties such as our business partners or service providers provide us with Personal Data about you, or when Personal Data about you is automatically collected in connection with your use of our Services.
Information we collect directly from you:
We receive Personal Data directly from you when you provide us with such Personal Data, including without limitation the following:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Academic, non-profit, industry, or government affiliation
- Telephone number
- Company or institution name
- Title / role
- Geographic location in your profile
- Avatar image
Information we receive from third party sources:
Some third parties such as our service providers provide us with Personal Data about you, such as the following:
- Contact information derived from third party sources: We may derive contact information about you from third party sources if the third party source and your account settings with them allow such sharing.
Information we automatically collect when you use our Services:
Some Personal Data is automatically collected when you use our Services, such as the following:
- IP address
- Device identifiers
- Web browser information
- Page view statistics
- Browsing history
- Usage information
- Cookies and other tracking technologies (e.g. web beacons, pixel tags, SDKs, etc.)
- Location information (e.g. IP address, zip code)
- Log data (e.g. access times, hardware and software information)
How Do We Use Your Personal Data?
We process Personal Data to operate, improve, understand and personalize our Services. For example, we use Personal Data to:
- Create and manage user accounts
- Communicate with you about the Services
- Contact you about Service announcements, updates or offers
- Provide support and assistance for the Services
- Log and analyze product usage to fix bugs and improve the Services
- Comply with our legal or contractual obligations
- Protect against or deter fraudulent, illegal or harmful actions
- Enforce our Terms of Service
We will only process your Personal Data if we have a lawful basis for doing so. Lawful bases for processing include consent, contractual necessity and our "legitimate interests" or the legitimate interest of others, as further described below.
Contractual Necessity: We process the following categories of Personal Data as a
matter of "contractual necessity", meaning that we need to process the data to perform under
our Terms of Service with you, which enables us to provide you with the Services. When we
process data due to contractual necessity, failure to provide such Personal Data will result
in your inability to use some or all portions of the Services that require such data.
- User account data (Name, Address, Email, Phone)
Legitimate Interest: We process the following categories of Personal Data when we
believe it furthers the legitimate interest of us or third parties.
- User account data
- User machine data
- Product analytics data
- Candidate and applicant data
Examples of these legitimate interests include:
- Operation and improvement of our business, products and services
- Provision of customer support
- Protection from fraud or security threats
- Completion of corporate transactions
- Recruiting and hiring
- Consent: In some cases, we process Personal Data based on the consent you expressly grant to us at the time we collect such data. When we process Personal Data based on your consent, it will be expressly indicated to you at the point and time of collection.
- Other Processing Grounds: From time to time we may also need to process Personal Data to comply with a legal obligation, if it is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or other data subjects, or if it is necessary for a task carried out in the public interest.
How and With Whom Do We Share Your Data?
- Cloud hosting services
- Analytics services
- Email marketing services
- Customer relationship management services
- Applicant tracking services
- Customer support services
We also share Personal Data when necessary to complete a transaction initiated or authorized by you or provide you with a product or service you have requested. In addition to those set forth above, these parties also include:
- Other users (where you post information publicly or as otherwise necessary to effect a transaction initiated or authorized by you through the Services)
- Other parties authorized by you
We also share Personal Data when we believe it is necessary to:
- Comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies
- Protect us, our business or our users, for example to enforce our terms of service, prevent spam or other unwanted communications and investigate or protect against fraud
- Maintain the security of our products and services
We also share information with third parties when you give us consent to do so.
Furthermore, if we choose to buy or sell assets, user information is typically one of the transferred business assets. Moreover, if we, or substantially all of our assets, were acquired, or if we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party, and we would share Personal Data with the party that is acquiring our assets. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of us or our assets may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy.
How Long Do We Retain Your Personal Data?
We retain Personal Data about you for as long as you have an open account with us or for 25 months after you close your account. In some cases we retain Personal Data for longer, if doing so is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or collect fees owed, or is otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, rule or regulation. Afterwards, we retain some information in a depersonalized or aggregated form but not in a way that would identify you personally.
What Security Measures Do We Use?
We seek to protect Personal Data using appropriate technical and organizational measures based on the type of Personal Data and applicable processing activity. All supplied sensitive information is transferred via Transport Layer Security (TLS) technology and stored encrypted at rest using AES-256 encryption.
RWE Box is hosted on Alibaba Cloud Alibaba Cloud undergoes various third-party independent audits on a regular basis, covering compliance controls for its data centers, infrastructure, and operations. This includes SOC 3 certification and ISO 27001 certification. According to the Alibaba Cloud Security Whitepaper: "All of the Alibaba Cloud data center and office areas are configured with access control, with visitor areas marked out separately. Visitors are required to carry entry pass and be escorted by Alibaba Cloud staff when visiting Alibaba Cloud premises. Alibaba Cloud's data centers are all in compliance with the requirements for Class A in the GB 50174 Code for Design of Electronic Information System Room and the T3+ standards in the TIA-942 Telecommunications Infrastructure Standard for Data Centers."
Access to RWE Box production systems is limited to designated RWE Box engineering team members behind a two-factor authenticated virtual private network.
Links to Other Sites
Personal Data of Children
We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Data from anyone under the age of 16. If you are under 16, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any Personal Data about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected Personal Data from a child under age 16, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 16 may have provided us Personal Data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Rights Do You Have Regarding Your Personal Data?
You have certain rights with respect to your Personal Data, including those set forth below. For more information about these rights, or to submit a request, please email email@example.com. Please note that in some circumstances, we may not be able to fully comply with your request, such as if it is frivolous or extremely impractical, if it jeopardizes the rights of others, or if it is not required by law, but in those circumstances, we will still respond to notify you of such a decision. In some cases, we may also need to you to provide us with additional information, which may include Personal Data, if necessary to verify your identity and the nature of your request.
- Access: You can request more information about the Personal Data we hold about you and request a copy of such Personal Data. You can also access certain types of your Personal Data by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rectification: If you believe that any Personal Data we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that we correct or supplement such data. You can also correct some of this information directly by updating your RWE Box profile. You can correct some of this information directly by emailing email@example.com.
- Erasure: You can request that we erase some or all of your Personal Data from our systems.
- Withdrawal of Consent: If we are processing your Personal Data based on your consent (as indicated at the time of collection of such data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note, however, that if you exercise this right, you may have to then provide express consent on a case-by-case basis for the use or disclosure of certain of your Personal Data, if such use or disclosure is necessary to enable you to utilize some or all of our Services.
- Portability: You can ask for a copy of your Personal Data in a machine-readable format. You can also request that we transmit the data to another controller where technically feasible.
- Objection: You can contact us to let us know that you object to the further use or disclosure of your Personal Data for certain purposes, such as for direct marketing purposes.
- Restriction of Processing: You can ask us to restrict further processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to File Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint about Company's practices with respect to your Personal Data with the supervisory authority of your country or EU Member State.
Transfers of Personal Data
The Services are hosted and operated in the European Union EUthrough Company and its service providers, and if you do not reside in the EU, laws in the EU may differ from the laws where you reside. By using the Services, you acknowledge that any Personal Data about you, regardless of whether provided by you or obtained from a third party, is being provided to Company in the EU and will be hosted on EU servers, and you authorize Company to transfer, store and process your information to and in the EU, and possibly other countries. You hereby consent to the transfer of your data to the EU as set forth herein.
What If You Have Questions Regarding Your Personal Data?
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or our data practices generally, please contact us using the following information:Physical address: Suite 802, Building Kaili, 432 West Huaihai RD Shanghai, China 200052 Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Designed representative and contact information: DP-Dock GmbH Ballindamm 39 20095 Hamburg Tel: +49 (0) 40 99999 - 3430
Fax: +49 (0) 40 99999 - 3332